Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Inspiration/Motivation My Fitness Journey

I began my fitness journey in April 2014. It was prompted more on sadness and depression
than anything else. However, I was very unhappy with my weight and the way my clothes fit.
I had never lost my pregnancy weight and I had never developed healthy eating habits.
At my heaviest I was 195 pounds. There was no way I was going to be 200 pounds. I couldn't
fathom that thought. Everyone who knows me personally knows that I am into fashion and they
didn't make many fashionable designs in plus sizes in my favorite store Zara. With the help of
my co-worker now friend, I developed a very healthy diet and intense workout regimen.

 My diet consisted of low carbs, healthy fats, leafy greens, and lean meats. I cut out sugar and beef.
My workout regimen consisted of intense cardio 5 to 6 times a week. I started off doing 20 minutes of interval training on the treadmill.

I walked 1 minute at level/speed 4 with the incline starting at level 5, then the next minute I increased the speed to 5 and kept the incline at level 5. I increased the level of speed by 1 and the incline by 5 every minute. At the time I could only run at level 7 and incline at level 8. Now I run 10 and incline 15. I have lost a total of 35 pounds. I have no idea how many inches I lost because I never measured my waist line. I was a size 14 and now I am a perfect size 10, sometimes 9. I am a work in progress.

I am now completely addicted to fitness! I want to change the perception about fitness in the African American community. Fitness is not an option its a priority! I want to share my journey, provide fitness advice, fitness classes, fitness motivation, healthy recipes to motivate my people to take fitness and health seriously. 

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment